Are you turning 18 or a young adult and wondering what to do next?
The disAbility Law Center of Virginia (dLCV) invites you to explore your options as adults!
- Graduation and Beyond
- Supported Decision Making (help when making decisions)
- Social Security and Employment
- Assistive Technology
- and much more!
We have a host of fact sheets and other issue-related resources that can be found below.
- What Are Transition Services?
- Your Employment Rights Under the Americans With Disabilities Act
- I Am Thinking About Going To College
- I Don’t feel Ready To Go To College or Get a Job
- Education Accommodations After High School
- Introduction to Assistive Technology for Adults
- Decisions, Decisions, Decisions…What If I Need Help?
- Tips for Youth Turning 18 and Their Parents
- Shhh…Your Right To Privacy
- Your Right to Vote
- SSI at-a-glance: What Happens When you Turn 18?
- When SSI Age-18 Redetermination is Denied – Using Section 301 to Continue Benefits
- Applying for SSI or Child Disability Benefits as an Adult
- How To Avoid the One-Third Reduction to SSI- Pay Your Way!
- Track Your Work History