Transportation is a related service which an IEP team or a 504 Plan committee may find appropriate for an eligible student. Follow the guided questions to learn more about transportation or for assistance with a specific issue related to transportation, or return to the home page to explore other topics.
Is the school providing transportation?
- Yes, is the ride too long? Read the Bus Ride is too Long.
- Yes, my child is missing a portion of the school day?
Read the Missing School because of the Bus Ride.
- Yes, but I have another issue. Send us an email at email@example.com.
- No, my request for transportation has been denied.
Read Denial of Transportation Services.
- No, I have another issue. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next section, Discipline.
To gain a deeper understanding of the special education law and process and your child’s associated rights, click here to order the Pathways Through Special Education in Virginia Manual!